This article applies to all operating systems.
Please make sure to close Voobly, before performing a clean installation of Age of Empires II, else you will run into more problems.
- Uninstall Age of Kings and Age of Conquerors in Control Panel.
- Delete the folder Age of Empires II in C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\.
- Run the Age of Kings setup.exe using the original CD-Rom.
Related article: KB1038 How to install The Age of Kings
- Run the Age of Conquerors setup.exe using the original CD-Rom.
Related Article: KB1037 How to install The Age of Conquerors
- Now apply the patches for both, Age of Kings and Age of Conquerors.