Open enrollment will begin at 12 pm PST, Sun. July 12th and ends at 12 pm PST, Sun. July 19th. Before applying, please read the whole article. Send an email to [email protected] with the answers to the questions found below.
- Please provide the link to the account profile, you wish to enroll as Tech Mod
- What primary game do you play on Voobly?
- What country do you live in and what is your timezone?
- What languages do you speak fluently and what is your native language?
- What year were you born?
- Are you working in an IT department and/or studying an IT or an IT related subject?
- Which single port you have to forward in order to play on Voobly, when NAT-T is enabled?
- How can you make sure, that the installation of the Voobly client or the game installation is running with default settings?
- You get a blank error message in AOC after launching the game through Voobly, what do you do?
- Have you ever used pirated software and what is your relationship to piracy?
- Please provide a more common term for DNAT and explain how it works.
- Have you read the Note to Applicants section?
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I become a moderator?
You can become a Tech moderator in one of two ways: Enrollment or Nomination.
What is Enrollment?
On enrollment days, applications are accepted for 24 hours. Then, your application will be reviewed. If you are selected, you will be sent information via e-mail, and you will receive a privileged account.
What are Nominations?
During nominations, certain staff members are allowed to nominate one person to become a Tech moderator who has shown a positive, helpful attitude toward other players. These Tech moderators will then send in their nomination. Note that during nominations, the moderators who is nominating you will need to have contact with you so he/she can gather the correct information to send to their Department Lead.
When will Enrollments or Nominations occur?
The Tech Department Lead determine when enrollment or nominations occur. However, they only give 24 hour notice for Enrollment, and nominations are only announced to Tech moderators.
What exactly are the requirements to become a Tech moderator?
- A clean Voobly.com record. (Short term toolings, such as mutes or kicks, are somewhat acceptable)
- At least 18 years of age.
- A 6-month old Voobly.com account.
- A nickname that is not affiliated with a team or clan.
The only way to become a moderator is to follow one of the two procedures above. There is no "quick way" to become a moderator: Don't let anyone fool you into giving your login information, to Voobly.com, or anywhere. Voobly.com does not need your account information, and no legitimate staff member will ask you to do so. If you have given account information to someone, change your password immediately.